Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May in a nutshell


I know, I know! I was a truant from blogosphere. Now you may turn to me and with wide eyes exclaim, “You’re alive! Where in the world have you been?”

Alright, here are why. But we shall run through it quickly because I know you won’t care about the details…



The finish line


It all started when our College Head offered me to enroll my remaining 6 units in advance. That meant 30-hour per subject tutorial classes to make it in time for graduation. I had my name included in the invitation draft, graduation gown and cap measured, and I attended rehearsals but only completed the hours required and took the final exams one day before graduation day


Unexpected guest

A special visitor arrived in short notice and had to stay with us for a week. Well, this one needed help and of course I volunteered to be an instant counselor. You’ll get to know more about the guest in due time…


Man at work

My 5-month leave from work had expired by end of April and I reported back to work first working day of May (even though the aforementioned friend was still with us) Well, not yet as busy as before I left but that’s just because my superior’s been too busy herself to mind me. Unfortunately, aside from the policies on midyear bonus which disqualified me for said benefit, I’ve learned that I wasn’t included yet in this month’s payroll and so here is “The Employed Who Cried ‘SOS Mom!’” – as in Salary Of Son is withheld until next month.


The wedding date


A former schoolmate tied the knot in her hometown which is 3 hours away by car. Left before sunrise, wedding’s at 2PM, arrived home 10PM. *snorezzzZZZ*


Teacher in the making


One of my Alma Maters finally called me for teaching demo as I applied for a part-time teaching job. Maybe a subject or two in the evening… I’m wondering, what type of instructor will I be because even though I tell myself I’ll be a good one, who can really tell?

No comments: