Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Fitted (A sequel to ‘A Teacher’s Uniform’)

This blog debuted with a post that tells about how I was often mistaken for a teacher when I was just a student myself. Now two years later, I really am.

My mind was flooded with post-graduation plans since my hasty finish from college. Teaching was considered though it wasn’t a priority then because my prolonged stay in college made me feel satiated with the classroom environment. But with the insistence of my former mentors and the tempting yearning of my pocket for extra cash as well as the pitiful state of my savings, I gave in.

A month of anxious waiting since the teaching demo and I was hired. Since last week, I teach from 6-9PM after my old fulltime office job and so far, I am still getting the feel of being in front and managing a class of no less than 30 students whose ages range from 15 to 28 years old for the four courses loaded to me. Honestly, teaching was more difficult than I thought it is.

It is indeed starving exhausting challenging especially that my former teachers are now my colleagues. I hope to be good at this. So help me God.

Sure I’ll miss my free Saturday nights too *sob*

No comments: