Thursday, September 20, 2007

3D Chessboard

I’m getting more acquainted with Autodesk® 3DMax and I’m able to work more easily with its tools. When I’ve just started, I spent the whole hour just to model an apple which was just a shape without any material to make it look real. Thanks to my patient instructor and supportive classmate who took the pre-requisite course for this.

After three weeks of working on the chess pieces, I look at my own work with amazement although I still failed to perfect the knight’s mouth and ears and the queen’s crown. Now that I know how difficult it is to make a spline cage, the more I praise the skill and patience of the creators of my favorite Sims 2 game.

My work just involved modeling and application of materials. No light effects or animation were added.


No comments: