Thursday, October 11, 2007

A New Vision

The first “Ber” month left me a “surprise” although I did anticipate it beforehand: my eyesight have depreciated. Twice had my head suddenly ached unbearably while I’m in the office and I feel like I really had to close my eyes. It seems like I’ll puke when I try to resist it by continuing to work in front of the computer monitor.

I planned to have my eyes checked and had asked for several recommendations. Truly, Jehovah-jireh; the perfect chance came when a friend optometrist of our school president did a charity at the school by giving free eye check-up. The first thing she asked me was whether I’m having a check-up because my vision is really blurred or if I’m having headaches, I told her my story. The refraction test revealed that I have astigmatism. Overnight, I pondered on this and shared it to my family and to my workmates.

The next morning, I confirmed to the opto that I’ll be ordering glasses. I ordered one of her highest-priced frames which anyway are still cheap compared to how much other optometrists would price theirs.

Non-conventional is my style thus I picked a white Essenxa frame with black stitch details and 14 of 15 people commented it looks good on me. The honeymoon phase took just a couple of days and I’m now comfortable wearing it.


No comments: