Thursday, March 6, 2008

Metro hiM


My e-mail sent last December was published in the latest issue of Metro hiM magazine. I find it hard to describe this exactly but I had doubts that it’ll be published considering the many others that write to the editors thus the need not to be cliché but neither should praise be lavish that it would seem superficial however I also had the feeling that my letter will make the cut somehow.

hiM has been my magazine for a couple of years now. It comes out quarterly but in their last issue prior the one where my letter was printed, they mentioned about releasing the mag once every two months thus I ‘m a bit confused counting and expected this issue as early as February. Although my letter was not the top pick for the month (which could have won me a very nice jacket), I still smile on my humble achievement and few square-inches of fame.Metro hiM is published by ABS-CBN Publishing Inc., and just like Metro Society and Metro Weddings, it emerged from Metro magazine. hiM features the lifestyle of the modern male from style, fitness, events, homes and profiles of various noteworthy men who are remarkable in their respective endeavors. Their fashion sections give significant style tips such as how to wear one piece of clothing in 10 ways, how to wear a slim tie, what works for your body type, what to wear if the invitation prescribes a dress code, which suit buttons to fasten and leave out, assembling a designer look on a budget, and many others. I also enjoy reading the various articles about luxurious living, managing finances, experiences and The Buddy page which is an essay about the contributors’ prized possessions like a notebook, a backpack, and a bow tie. And yes, I read the Editor’s, the letters, the contributors’ pages, and the styling, wardrobe, photography, model and location credits in the spreads.


(View the story behind the letter)



3 comments:

insulare said...

wow congratulations...
youre really an articulate writer...

oxygen said...

RE: islander

Thanks. That's a flattering compliment from an articulate writer himself. :-)

Anonymous said...

What can I say? You've proved yourself once again! Congratulations Gen.