Saturday, December 27, 2008

Holiday Get-Together

I was present in 3 parties this year. First was in school and man it was disappointing that I’d rather not rattle on about it for the spirit of forgiveness this Christmas.

Next was the company’s despite my status. I arrived rather late so I can’t tell how fun the main program was but I believe most had a good time. And there were more who dressed up to vie for the ‘Star of the Night’ this year; heaven forbid that some looked completely ridiculous. I was just glad to be reunited with my colleagues and to have mingled with fellow employees from other departments. And since my attendance wasn’t expected, food was all meat so I had to suppress my hunger until we left. Good enough 3 mates invited me to a bar afterwards where I had a delicious serving of fish fillet and fries and creamy latte while admiring the soothing renditions of the singer. So that was dinner. But the main agendum was drinking so next stop was the neighboring disco. Well, I don’t drink beer and I was full I just bobbed my head along the techno and trance music playing non-stop. Got home few hours past midnight.

The following night was more of a dinner than a party; I was with few faculty members of the school. Despite its simplicity, it was fun because there were good foods, interesting things to talk about and exchange gifts.


Daddy Ed’s luscious strawberry daiquiri (so good the ad’s for free)


With the gang


What the hell am I doing?!? I hope I looked like Edward Cullen and not Miss De Ville


Here’s “Mama” Ann with her family and my gift for her


Aby, my adviser for the school publication with a Parker pen she got


Agnes seems very pleased with a coffeemaker (not exclusively hers though) and that’s me in the background checking out what I got from Aby



No comments: