Sunday, December 21, 2008

Teacher Dennis

Yup, my good friend is now a professional educator.

After roughly 2 months of waiting, the results of the Licensure Exams for Teachers finally came out. I was surfing the Net when a text message from Dennis came in to announce the news. I immediately checked the site of a National broadsheet which promptly published the results and after activating Ctrl+F in the PDF file, the good news was confirmed: Dennis is now a teacher. Not that I doubted my friend’s proclamation but I just wanted to check details which might be equally interesting. Coincidentally, I learned that he had no means to confirm it himself that night so after disconnecting my cellphone which I was using as USB modem, I called him up to congratulate him and relay facts he might want to know such as their school’s passing rate and the topnotchers from their city.

Uh speaking of ratings… it took some convincing to reassure the guy that it wasn’t a bad finish. The overachiever and Leo he is, he always wanted to excel thus felt bad about not making it to the top 10. But what’s to be sad about belonging to the 19,000 successful out of 53,000 examinees nationwide considering that he was done with the exams an hour earlier than the set time? And my, when he got his rating, he was just 3 points lower than those who ranked 10th so I think he’s not that far behind.

With his perseverance to always deliver the best I know he’ll make it far.

Hats off!

No comments: