Monday, April 14, 2008

Recollection: Gratitude and well-wishes for LSBI graduates 2008

My strong interpersonal skills empower me to adapt to change of company with ease. Unless the person concerned is of best friend-level, it’s been easy for me acknowledge their absence simply as gone. Not this time. I cannot deny the chunk removed from my social pie in the academe when batch 2008 graduated.

I didn’t realize how much I’ll be missing since I get to interact with these guys almost daily until the graduation rites when I scanned the crowd had I known what big group I’ll be losing. I’ve grown too fond of you people and may I, through this post, thank you for everything.

Foremost, to the Engineering class for having me in the gang. Call me ambitious or a social climber but I feel so at home in your company. To Melvin, you’re a man of few words but not of ideas. Thanks for recruiting me in the LoVES ko ‘to ticket in the 2005 council elections. The group paved way for my first feel of the Lyceum ways of life and to having more acquaintances. I believe your diligence will take you places.

To RC, you’re among the persons I admire for having a strong personality. You’re ironic – both a leader and a servant, self-motivated and lazy, cruel and polite, and intimidating and approachable. More important than these, you’re a friend. Without you now, I have one person less to whom I owe deadlines for my articles for the schoolpaper. BTW, please return my book; it’s not a graduation gift.

Israel, your absence means extra work at the Academic Affairs (Office) and less fun in the campus. Your dynamism is you and you are it. Would production numbers be astounding as when you’re here? You’ll always come into my mind when I ride home on a jeepney or chew Zagu pearls.

Christine, you impressed me on how appreciative you are of life’s simple joys. Your laugh is genuine and so are you as a person. Now I believe how fortunate your partner is to have you because we your friends are.

I cannot leave unmentioned Jen A. and Bonn for completing my experience in the YMCA competitions; Patrick for the many chats and for advising me on how I can get better class schedules every term; Zha-zha our pair as program emcees is unmatchable; Jam, I’m glad that after years of knowing you we’ve finally known each other, and Jovy who’d been a classmate in our former school and I share your success of finishing ahead of me.

The rest of the Engineering gang, I’m honored to be your classmate on your last semester in the school.

To all LoVES ko ‘to contemporaries, your dedication to serve is infectious and inspiring despite the exhausting demands of duty. The tour in Island Cove is memorable as well as all the events that had us tired as dogs organizing.

Irene, the invincible treasurer and my co-fashionista, your attitude towards life will keep you going and overcome whatever pitfall you’ll encounter.

To the Hotel and Restaurant Management class who adopted me in Asian Civilization (subject), I enjoyed that semester with you and from then on, I always have fun mingling with you guys. Special thanks to Riva, Grace G., Charles, Arnel, Donnie, Virgie, Jen, and Eric; the school will be losing a handful of good dancers and competent representatives in skills contests.

Just how would I forget two of the sweetest girls I’ve ever known? Gracie P., you don’t need clearer vision to see good things in a person because your heart does. You are endearing and your dedication will bring you closer to your goals. The marshmallow game with you was fun. Issa, you proved more than a pretty face. Many were captivated by your charm but I was impressed by your giving importance to friendship and feelings. I had the most sensible conversations with you girls, thanks for trusting me.

Daryll, Wenz, RL, Karlyn and Kevin, the pageant was wonderful. I hope we were able to hangout more. Kevin, thanks for reaching out despite having reservations then. You’re an exemption from the cliché that first impressions last. Sorry, I didn’t mean to be a threat for you during the contest.

Grace V. “gurl”, I never thought we’ll get along well but you’ve proven yourself loveable since the Ad Congress. You truly are beautiful.

Maikee, you’re another discovery. My apologies in case I seemed arrogant in barking unsolicited remarks on you since the Mr. FSC. Honestly, you’re better than me in a lot of things. Stay cheerful.

The younger colleagues in the Computer Studies Department, I’m proud of your guys. In behalf of the CSD, we thank you for reaping achievements which the department boasts of. Sorry for grilling you in your Systems Analysis defense.

Ate Judith, JB, Rhon and the many others who had been willing enough to start friendship, thank you. Our occasional hellos and chats are cherished.

I wish for you better things ahead which, I know very well is now within your reach although you could always benefit from a little extra effort. You are all precious.







3 comments:

Jason Roth said...

Sounds like a great group of people. Nice photos.

RC said...

This is the nicest thing a person has ever said about me. Im sure you will be missed too but the fun memories we've shared together will always be imprinted in our hearts. I also think that you are the best man to my post as the next School Editor-in-Chief so I hope you will consider it.

RC said...

This is actually my second comment, I think the first one was rejected? Anyways, GEnesis you are a good person as well and I admire your talents and skills especially in writins so I still think that you are the best man for the vacant post of Editor-in-Chief..Im sure you will be missed to considering all the funs that we had eating fishballs, tokneneng, and various Hepa A causing food..hehehehe...