Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Mug For A Mug

A day before my birthday, I (slightly) vandalized someone's coffee mug. A day after, I received a gift. Guess what?


A coffee mug! Hah! The game of fate... Does this intend to remind me of the golden rule?

Anyway, I must thank its cheerful giver, Gracie. A sweet person she is, she has her way of making people feel special. An intellectual conversationalist, an eager listener, and a humble person. Her effort to personally deliver the gift is a gift itself. (pun intended) Her phone broke several days ago so we have no contact. She took advantage of her weekend break from her review classes for the Customs Broker Licensure Exams in Manila to meet me. She went to my school (also hers before graduating last March) holding on to the fact that all my classes are during the evenings but without assurance that I'll be in the campus that night; "aiming for the moon" they say. I really don't have classes and so I extended my stay in our office until I received a message in my phone saying that she wants to meet me. I've learned that she had to borrow the phone of my instructor and friend to be able to contact me. We promptly set to meet in minutes and the rest of the night was full of laughs and interesting and informative chats.


As for the mug, I think I'll use it as a pen holder so in case anybody would think of fooling around and make it a flower vase, at least I'm not using it for drinking. Now I'm being haunted by my own ghost. *grinning*

2 comments:

Mar C. said...

hehe... gusto ko magkaroon ng koleksyon ng mga mug.alam mo ba? hindi. hehe.. napadaan lang.

Bienthoughts [a.ride.to.life] said...

how nice. gusto ko yung malalaking mug, yung kasing laki ng biggest size ng slurpee sa 7-11. la lang,para mas madami mailagay. hehehe. Anyway, salamat sa pagdalaw sa payak kong pahina at sa pagbibitiw ng komento. Hope to read more stories from you.
and btw, the "Holdaper de Puta" is a true story. Yes, it is.

Thanks.