Monday, July 28, 2008

Some Interior Design Project

The once spacious conference room of our office had to be renovated to be the new workroom of our Technical Support staffs. The conference room itself had been divided into three but more accurately 2.5 since only a low partition divides the resultant middle room and the adjacent one to the right. Outside that used to be the lobby, two more rooms were built; office for the supervisors opposite the receiving and repair room. (The glass door is the original entrance to the conference room)

Since there are plans that I will also move in to one of the new rooms later, I was given the privilege to decide for the look of the new office particularly in the selection of colors.

The photos below are the result of my desire to make it more homey than basically corporate. For the inside of the left room, I picked light pistachio green while lavender for the middle and right rooms which have two doors but share a common cube inside. Darker shades of the same palettes were used for the doors and base boards.

Ecru for the corridor isn’t my choice although I have no objections since it illuminates the area. I just thought of adding the random vermilion and chrome yellow quadrilaterals to save it from being a total bore. Despite the mockery of some colleagues comparing it to shapes in preschool classrooms, I personally drafted the shapes with pencil and marked what color to paint then left the rest of the labor to the painters. Eventually, the mocking birds appreciated the outcome.

This was done a couple of months ago already but I didn’t own a camera-phone then. How I wish I had pictures with the veteran and cooperative team who worked on this project.

BTW, I also proposed naming the workrooms something techie: Synergy, Collaborate, Merge, Interface, Drive and Streamline. However, some folks are yet just too conventional even if they’re in IT.

Let me know what you think.




No comments: