Sunday, November 2, 2008

Past Twits

Remember the famed question that gave us Twitter? Yes, that one except that now I refer to its past perfect progressive tense.

Below is a recap of what I had been doing the entire time I was out of blog world. Twitter’s 160-character limit just can’t contain these.

October, Week 1 was submission for 2009 budget. I was in charge for a part of the equipment outlay. The ultimate goal was to come up with rational plan for the distribution of desktop and laptop computers and printers. Without which, the 40+ departments of our company would have a tough time acquiring said resources. And we’re talking of 3 batches of procurement here!

Ok I’ll cut this. Details of my job are lethal for my well-being while you could die of boredom.

The following week, final exams were scheduled hence I forced myself to finish the work deliverable over the weekend and that entailed working at home overnight until 4AM. Then I filed for 3-day leave to prepare for the tests and guess what, my boss didn’t approve it right away and gave me that I’ll-think-about-it-drama. I filed it Monday and had to text her Wednesday morning to confirm whether it’s granted or not. Isn’t that sweet? Oh! I had to do the same thing Thursday morning; at least for the last day of its duration that wasn’t necessary anymore.

As expected, there’s a lot of schoolwork and my leave was spent on only 2 of my 5 subjects. Plus that requirement in digital editing where I and 3 group mates gave a new story and voices to Finding Nemo. (Disclaimer: The project is for course application only and would not be commercialized). It was fun to make despite the brain and vocal work. For almost a week our home had been the group’s production studio filled with screaming and laughter.

The succeeding weeks I accomplished 3 tests piled for Physics 1 which, due to my status as an employed student had been a self-help subject and the instructor gave it as take-home tests. Even so, it wasn’t at all easy especially that it was 8 years ago when I last solved Physics problems.

In the end, my History and Literature classes are queued for completion until this time.

*sigh*

1 comment:

Jason Roth said...

Wow...you've been busy. No wonder I haven't seen you around these parts.