Saturday, January 10, 2009

SQN Issue 1 out today


The first issue of Sine Qua Non, our school’s publication was finally released.

Proudly, it’s the first issue bearing my name on top of the Editorial Board. That’s right; it’s official. Quite a lot had transpired since the EIC post was initially offered to me but as it turned out, it’s still for me. This is among the good (so far) results of my decision to be a fulltime student again.

Of course it’s not all about “elevating one’s own seat” as a proverb goes - I wouldn’t have made it if it wasn’t for the trust and support of my colleagues: Aby and Bert, mentors and friends; RC, friend and former EIC, the first to invite me to join the editorial board and with whom I have no grumbles being Associate Editor then and to the rest of incumbent staffs of the paper for their enthusiasm to contribute and willingness to be trained.

The latest SQN issue isn’t without flaw. I haven’t seen the other articles until the template was in the press awaiting the go for reproduction which somehow could be attributed to the delay of settling my appointment as Chief Editor pending my fulltime status. Let the minor mistakes be reminders that next time we ought to be more meticulous to details as we strive to uphold the core of our trademark ‘that without which is not’.


Quiltessence, my column

1 comment:

Jason Roth said...

Congratulations. And don't sweat the small flaws. I'm the editor of a quarterly 28-page university magazine, so I understand what it takes to put a publication together. Sometimes you don't catch everything.

The issue looks great. You should be extremely proud.