Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Weekend Recap and Monday’s Incident

Friday had been a feast. Lunch was an invitation for taste-test of food prepared by culinary students and I observed that pork was the main recipe so my pescatarian diet constrained me to the non-pork ingredients of the dishes nevertheless there were too much for lunch. I particularly loved the cheese and bacon rösti.

By afternoon, these came in for sampling

A sumptuous dinner with the staff of the school paper was scheduled in the evening. There was a specialty pizza that was has at least 24” diameter, plus a blueberry crepe and a glass of iced choco peppermint for me. Aah! Good thing we walked home so there were roughly 30 minutes to burn some calories.

* * * * *

Saturday was a dragging day at school and all I wanted to do by the end of the day was to go home and nap. On the ride home I noticed that my spare wallet’s missing. A classmate kindly paid for my fare although I have sufficient coins in my pocket. Good thing there weren’t major IDs so that the most important thing in it was money – fortunately no more than 500 pesos but unfortunately it was all I have for the next few days.

* * * * *

Yesterday, we were enjoying a little leniency at school since one instructor was on leave while the others were busy preparing for an upcoming seminar in a couple of days. In the middle of one class though, I felt something weird as I occasionally shifted position in my seat. I discreetly wiped my hand over my behind and the crime was confirmed:

I had sat on a gum. Yuck! That was rude and disgusting! It’s my first time ever to be a victim of such. I’m glad that my sling bag falls low enough to cover it until I got home.

Oh man… you call that lucky for the Chinese New Year huh?

1 comment:

Jason Roth said...

Oh that sucks. How rude of someone to leave that there for you to sit on.