Thursday, February 5, 2009

Get me going

February came with a heap of things to do until the third week it seems.

Since the seminar we attended last week, stuff started to pour in. Now the problem is my tendency to fall into a trance when I realize things pile up. Much as I wish I could be the Energizer bunny at times like this, there simply are days (plural emphasized) when I just can’t get going.

Like last Saturday, I woke on my regular time which is good 2 hours early for my weekend class. But then I remained curled on bed until I lazily reached for the book I was reading before I slept; Twilight that was. At least the vampire and the clumsy girl succeeded in shaking my thoughts into a consciousness that’s better than drowsily scanning my room.

I glanced on the clock; it’s 15 minutes past the official schedule. It has been an unspoken covenant between us and the instructor that the class would never start on time which manifests that somehow all of us have the same Saturday morning struggle. I made my first major decision for the day. I texted a trusty classmate to give him the lamer version of ’I am sick’ excuse (could be sick of attending class that early) which he promised to relay. Fast forward to few days later, I learned that our teacher was absent as well. That was my lucky day! Edward Cullen was right – it’s healthy to ditch class sometimes. I’m grinning at the thought.

I’m done with the book and now reading its sequel since a couple of days ago. Hmm I hope I won’t forget to claim my prize from Aby this afternoon. We had bets over lunch yesterday as to whether or not Edward ate food. I’ve marked page 207 last night to settle that.

Back to reality now, we’re aiming to make a special Valentine issue of the school paper so I ought to be proofreading the contributions received so far or drafting my own article. Unfortunately, I can’t decide which to do first. But one thing doesn’t leave me a choice: all must be done by tomorrow so the ones in charge of layout could work over the weekend.

I hope blogging helps me get started.

1 comment:

Soul Yaoi said...

Lumabas ba ang Valentine Issue ng School Newspaper natin?

I want a copy. =)