Thursday, February 19, 2009

Night Full of 'Prom'ising Memories


Last year you had a preview of my sister’s preparations for her prom. This year though, it’s not just a ‘backstage pass’ for you but a better coverage of the inside story.

Now a senior, my sister had outgrown her fancy for Disney princesses’-like ball gowns and opted for a chic look. We agreed on white but the dress itself was mom’s pick and we only saw it when it was brought home. Working on a small budget, I found the shoes in a thrift shop in the city; just slightly used and best of all fits her size. Thanks to such shops and our resourcefulness, no more than $20-equivalent paid for everything she wore for the prom.

Through the photos, I can tell she enjoyed her last prom – very much. And when our Cinderella came home past midnight, her stories couldn’t wait for the next day that she woke me up from my still light sleep and beamed that about 15 guys asked her for a dance and that many others flattered her to be Rihanna’s look-a-like. Well, I wouldn’t want to ruin the night and I was too exhausted to protest.




1 comment:

Soul Yaoi said...

Nice! I never went to my prom! Good for here! =)